Powered by the YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee, AMEND works to end violence against women by engaging and educating men. The YWCA has extensive experience treating the symptom, but violence against women is truly a man’s problem that desperately needs a cure. When men understand how our culture supports violence, they become a major part of the solution.
Objectives of this training include:
- Raise awareness about the prevalence of violence against women
- Uncover subtle ways our society reinforces sexism and objectification
- Connect the dots between harmful jokes and violent acts
- Unpack the difference between healthy and unhealthy masculinity
- Empower attendees with situational examples and strategies to step up and speak out against negative cultural norms
- Challenge attendees to help create a community that respects and values women and girls